Cleveland's Got Talent
It’s no secret that the Delta has always had a wealth of talent, with some of the greatest and most influential musicians in the world coming from this unique region. But talent, like the seeds that are planted in these rich Delta fields, must be cultivated in order to grow and produce a good crop.
In a continuing effort to cultivate and promote local talent in our community, the Deep Roots Music project, in partnership with Big Front Porch Productions, will host Cleveland’s Got Talent!, a youth talent contest, on Saturday, May 4 at 6:30 pm at the historic Ellis Theatre, located in the Delta Arts Alliance at 104 S. Court St. in downtown Cleveland.
Submission of uploaded YouTube links begins on Wednesday, January 24, 2024 and ends on Friday, April 19, 2024 at 11:59 pm CST. Judges will select the top 3 contestants in each age category (age 7-10, age 11-14, age 15-17) to perform for Cleveland’s Got Talent! at the Ellis Theater on Saturday, May 4, 2024. Selected contestants will be notified no later than Wednesday, April 24, 2024.
Entry criteria, tips for recording, and instructions for uploading are below:
Live Show Performance
Contestants selected will secure a spot to perform live on the Cleveland’s Got Talent! show in the historic Ellis Theatre at the Delta Arts Alliance, competing for a chance to win cash prizes, studio time, and the opportunity to perform during the Deep Roots: Live at 5! outdoor series. Contestants performing in the live show are required to adhere to the Live Show terms in the Audition Criteria.
To be eligible for this competition, you must meet the eligibility requirements below, complete an online application, including a link to an unlisted YouTube video, and be available to perform on the designated show date. All decisions concerning any portion of the live performance are solely at the discretion of the Producer.
- All contestants must be considered an Amateur to enter the competition. For the Cleveland’s Got Talent! show, an Amateur is considered to be anyone who does not have a current music recording, film or television contract with a major or independent studio.
- Cleveland’s Got Talent! (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Bolivar County, Mississippi who are 7-17 years of age.
- Contestant(s) under the age of 18 MUST have parental permission to audition and compete. The parent or guardian MUST read and sign the Cleveland’s Got Talent! waiver Form.
- Deep Roots and Big Front Porch Productions employees, temporary employees, current interns, and independent contractors and their respective subsidiaries, parent companies, partners, sponsors, advertising & promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each, and any persons living with any such employees are not eligible to compete in Cleveland’s Got Talent! or win prizes. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, significant others, children, stepchildren, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and their children.
- Auditions for the contest are made by submitting an active link to an unlisted YouTube video. Audition criteria, tips on recording, and instructions for uploading are included in the Online Audition section.
Live Show Location
The Ellis Theatre opened to a packed house in 1938 to a showing of “Vogues of 1938”. Over the next 40 years the Ellis was a place of entertainment for Cleveland and the surrounding areas. In 1999 a small group of visionaries began meeting with the idea and goal of creating more opportunities for people of all ages, but particularly for young people, in the community to experience art. The group sought diversity and included artists, musicians, school teachers, business owners and volunteers from varying social and economic backgrounds. With that, The Delta Arts Alliance was born.